Tupper Lake Woodsmen Days
Rules for Greased Pole Climb
All Contestants must register at office.
- Five (5) persons on a team.
- No belts or shoes – bottom person can wear shoes.
- Draw for order of try up the pole.
- Each team will have 2 attempts to climb the pole.
- First run starts with number 1.
- Second run starts with last number and continues downward to first number.
- No contestant can touch to pole until start signal is given.
- Top person must ring the bell.
- Best time wins. Time starts on signal given by starter and stops on the ringing of the bell.
- Each contestant will be marked with team number; no changing of men once the team is registered.
- In case of a tie, tie will be run-off.
- Prize money will be as follows: 1st – $50; 2nd – $30; 3rd – $20