Tupper Lake Woodsmens Days
Loader Competition Rules
Register on site prior to event.
Loader Contest Checker Board.
- The hydraulic loader to be operated will be a truck or trailer mounted loader with pulp wood grapple.
- All competitors will compete at identical pressure settings.
- Materials to be handled:
Checker Board Contest = 2 x 2 foot wood blocks (one by one) or
Each Contestant will:
- Have a one minute warm up period for loader familiarization
- Be timed by impartial personnel
- Transfer 8 wooden blocks, one by one, from red squares on Grid 1 to red squares on Grid 2 then return to red squares on Grid 1 for Checker Board Contest.
- Time starts and ends with visible signal
- Time ends when the last block or log is returned to the starting position and grapple is placed on the ground in starting position.
At Completion, 5 seconds will be added for:
- Checker Board Contest: all blocks or parts of blocks which have been placed on white squares of either grid and for all blocks not returned to grid 1 in proper position for the next contestant to start loading.
General Information for Loader Contest (s):
- Contestants must be present at their designated loading time.
- Registration is taken on a fist come-first served basis.
- Officials reserve the right to close registration in the event that more contestants register than can be compete in the allotted time.
- All ties for cash prizes will be divided among those contestants who have identical times.